Sunday, April 3, 2011

Starting Seeds? Here's a Unique Idea...

Little miracles inside these seeds.

It's that time again. Start those seeds for your garden.

My fellow blogging friend, Celia Leaman, and avid gardener shares her unique idea for starting her seeds-Wishing to start some seeds, and lacking a dedicated bottom heater, I had the brilliant idea of sowing the seeds in trays, placing them in a shallow box lid and encasing the whole thing in a large polythene bag which I slid into one side of our large king bed. My husband being away, I kept them there for a day or two, the heater turned on low. I slept in the other side! So warm and cosy, those seeds germinated in no time!

Celia's idea for sprouting seeds is very creative. Check out this previous post on how my DH sprouted seeds too.

Do you have a tip on germinating your seeds? Please let us know your secret...

Celia and I post blogs at Women Etcetera and you can too. It is a group dedicated to women over 50. The blogs are inspirational, poignant, funny, thoughtful, and sometimes controversial. Come join us. Learn more about this wonderful group of women whose "diverse pasts have brought us to this point--our mutual desires, wisdom to share, and hope for the future bring us together." Check out this site. You may want to sign up to join a local group in your area or to blog along with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment