Saturday, June 19, 2010

Update on Noah's Garden

Noah, in white shirt, cousin Corbin, and Grandpa had a weeding party the other day weeding Noah's Garden.
 
Noah is carefully clearing Every weed from his garden. See that concentration?

This has been quite a learning experience for our almost ten year old grandson. This year he is gardening in his own garden, not Grandpa's, and he lives about thirty minutes from us. Grandpa is not there all the time, so Noah is in charge. He learned a good lesson this summer. He watered the garden and shut off the nozzle, but forgot to turn the water off at the outdoor faucet. After the hose which was filled with water baked in the hot summer sun, it exploded. I am sure he will never forget to turn that faucet off again!!

Click here to see the spring planting photos of Noah's garden.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I wish your grandson much success with his garden. I hope you will keep us updated throughout the summer with posts and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post.

    Some of my fondest childhood memories are from gardening as a child. My mother allowed me a 3 x 4 patch of ground (we didn't have a lot of water) so I used to sneak little dippers of water out to my plants when she wasn't looking. I taught myself to companion plant by placing the taller growing plants over the smaller plants.
    Ah, those were the days my friend.
    Thanks! for reminding me how great is gardening.
    Zak.

    ReplyDelete