Monday, April 19, 2010

Recipe--Home-made Granola Cereal

My neighbor gave me this easy-to-prepare granola cereal recipe this winter and now I am addicted to it! No, I don't grow any of the ingredients in our garden, but it is such an easy, good-for-you recipe. I thought you all would like to have it before you get into the canning, freezing craziness when your gardens produce all those great veggies and fruits.

Enjoy!

GRANOLA RECIPE--Thanks, Cathy!


8 c. old fashioned oats

½ c. + 1 T olive oil

1 T vanilla

½ c. + 1 T honey

1 tsp cinnamon (optional)

½ c. each almonds, walnuts, pecans

½ c. each raisins, cranberries, dried fruit



325 degree oven

Combine oats, oil, vanilla, honey, and cinnamon. Spread in single layer on baking sheet.

Bake 30 minutes turning and stirring every 10 minutes. Add nuts after first 10 minutes.

Remove from oven. Cool. Stir in dried fruits. Store in air tight container.

Yield 11 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment